SCADA is not a specific technology, but a type of application. SCADA stands for supervisory control and data acquisition. Any application that gets operating data about a system in order to control and optimise that system is a SCADA application. That application can be a petrochemical distillation process, a water filtration system, a pipeline compressor or just about anything else.
What to look for when it comes to SCADA/HMI software
It is important to take into consideration how your business requirements will evolve over the next 15 years, and assess whether or not the SCADA/HMI system you are considering using will be able to handle your requirements moving forwards.
You should always choose an automation partner that can keep up to date with the latest emerging technology, and guide you on questions such as:
- How will this technology help reduce inefficiencies and downtime?
- How can this increase asset availability?
- Will it require high engineering efforts when it comes to maintaining/adapting this system?
- A trusted software provider will be able to advise you on all of these questions and more, ensuring you have all the information you need to make the right decision.
SolutionsPT are the sole distributor of Wonderware and Citect SCADA in the UK & Ireland.
SolutionsPT is proud to be the sole distributor for Wonderware in the UK and Ireland, and has been for over 25 years. Both Wonderware and Citect SCADA solutions are globally recognised for bringing legendary ease of use, unparalleled scalability, and standards-based, secure integration to its users.
With an install base over over 30,000 licenses, our Wonderware and Citect UK and Ireland headquarters also provide:
- Official Wonderware and Citect Certified Training Centre
- Wonderware and Citect Consultanct
- Dedicated Customer Suport Helpdesk
- Presales Support and Architecture Design
- Management and Support of UK and Ireland System Integrator Community