“This ambitious 400 million-Euros project had three main priorities – historical restoration of the property; the modernisation of management processes to include improvements to the safety of the technical networks, and improvement of the visitor’s experience. AVEVA software solutions were key to enabling our team to successfully centralise site management applications.”
Olivier Robert – Manager of HVAC and Building Management Services (BMS), The Palace of Versailles
The Palace of Versailles has been a cultural icon for more than four centuries since Louis XIV moved the royal court from Paris to Versailles in 1682.
Over the years, the need to establish a long-term strategic development plan had become increasingly apparent. In 2003, a site management programme was created to address restoration of the Palace of Versailles’ historical monuments and décor, to improve safety of operations, and enhance the overall visitor experience.The solution involved implementing infrastructure management software from AVEVA.
- To enable diverse and distributed technical
equipment to communicate through an open system
which can interface with the different processes.
- To deploy the Hypervision solution to help minimise
impact on the historical site with no interruption to its
- To implement a reliable and secure solution which
can be used by all technicians.
- The site was operating a disparate collection of
hardware and software that was not integrated,
preventing staff from viewing real-time operations.
- There was an enormous collection of data stored in
various formats that was not centralised or optimised
for effective use.
- The system was not scalable to allow for the
management team to expand or improve operational
control in the future.
- Response times for addressing maintenance issues were significantly shortened.
- System and data integration was greatly improved, while system development costs were decreased.
- Implementation of real-time data communication and hot server redundancy greatly enhanced the management team’s success.
- Access to trackable data and reporting capabilities enable the team to improve a variety of site operations, including energy use.
- System Platform
- InTouch Edge HMI
- Historian Clients