The worlds largest distilleries rely on our solutions, such as Wonderware software, to help manage production. We cover all the various operations, from Mash Tun to Worts Cooler through to Wash Back, Stills and Spirit Handling.
Our solutions optimise the whole process of Mashing, Fermentation, Wash Distillation, Spirit Distillation and cask filling operations right through to the final bottling of Whisky.
Distillers face many different challenges, such as ensuring product uniformity and repeatable quality, adherence to environmental licenses for water abstraction and to always retain the particular characteristics of the product.
A distillery has to balance some very important variables during what is usually a continuous 24×7 operation. We know the importance of replicating the end product that makes a distiller’s product what it is, including its exact % alcoholic content, and also keeping an eye on the manufacturing performance indicators of yield and productivity. That’s why we work with manufacturers to ensure that they produce ‘perfect mashes’.
Modern plant schemes involve energy recovery from condensed steam; this and other energy and environmental issues can be readily incorporated into a Wonderware solutions. Wonderware Historian is the perfect tool to automate mandatory reports for water abstraction license compliance to SEPA (Scotland) and the Environmental Agency (England and Wales).
SolutionsPT can offer you solutions to monitor and control events and quality in real-time allowing you, the distiller, to concentrate on the finer issues, rather than trying to monitor everything in your plant.
Detailed information leads to improved product consistency, as well as performance (such as an increase in the number of mashes per period), and brings the opportunity to automate batches for consistent quality and accurate ‘to plan’ production times, with everything being recorded as it happens for full and detailed reporting.
- Assured customer satisfaction through consistency and uniformity of products
- Intuitive operator displays
- Compliance with regulatory frameworks for hygiene and easy access to traceability information
- Standards-based Integration to existing ERP business system
- Scalable functionality so that a solution can be deployed to suit your particular business
- Factory wide energy data which is linked to process and batch data for energy reduction programmes
- Increased visualisation through centralised management
- Increased availability, uptime security and reliability
- Simplified operations, reduced management and maintenance costs
- Intuitive operator displays
- Maintain quality standards and uniformity of product
- OEE, downtime and production performance tracking
- System Platform templates – line and equipment
- Preparation, make/batch and package modules
- Monitor asset utilisation
- Full-feature centralised thin client and terminal server management
- Server failure prevention
- Cyber security protection