There are several companies that make office grade thin clients. Most of these ‘low cost players’ sell a thin client tool while ThinManager is an entire tool box.
Some questions to ask about a thin client system are:
- How do you configure and deploy your Thin Clients?
- How do you deploy your apps?
- How easy is it to change you configuration once established?
- How do you deploy the application to the right location?
- How do you replace hardware, and what is involved?
- How do you change applications?
- How do you lock down applications?
- How do you secure the system?
- Can you shadow terminals? Are you shadowing the session or the actual client?
- Do you have out-of-the-box failover and redundancy?
- If you are using VDIs, how do you manage them? How do you deploy the correct image?
- Do you have multiple hardware vendors or are you limited to a proprietary system?
- What touch screens are supported?
- What about firmware updates?
ThinManager is uniquely positioned to provide the technology needed for companies to make the transition from PC computing to the Industrial Internet of Things.