SolutionsPT Partner News: ThinManager Releases ThinManager® 9.0—Includes Virtual Screens with Session Scaling Allowing Customised Visualisation Management
Alpharetta, GA — ThinManager releases ThinManager 9.0 as a major release of the ThinManager platform. Version 9.0 contains many new features including Virtual Screens as one of the most powerful tools for providing custom visualisation. Virtual Screens allows administrators to lay out work screens in custom-sized regions on a single monitor. Add in automatic session scaling and you don’t even have to recode an application to get it to fit the area of the screen you assign it to. ThinManager also supports 4K resolution so a single monitor can now be used in place of multiple monitors—saving on hardware costs and reducing the effort of wiring and mounting.
In addition to Virtual Screens, the following features are also included with the release of ThinManager version 9.0:
- USB camera support – creates video display clients just like IP cameras
- Single port TFTP – improves boot performance of terminals whose server is behind a firewall
- Authenticated Email – Now send email messages without a proxy server
- Virtual Screens – Lay out custom-sized screens on a single monitor
- Session Scaling – Auto-scale Display clients to fit custom screen layouts
- Terminal Server Grouping – Instead of selecting multiple terminal servers for a display client to run from, you can now create terminal server groups and assign server groups with a single click
- SMS Messaging – Now send a text message from ThinManager in additional to email
- VNC Capability – Now your Panel View applications (or any other VNC source) can be shadowed and deployed to any mobile device configured with ThinManager Relevance®
ThinManager has also updated the Apple iOS client iTMC as well as the WinTMC client for PCs that also allows Windows Surface Pro tablets to operate using the Relevance mobility solution.
Take control of your automation network, reduce downtime, increase security and eliminate the 2:00 a.m. phone call with ThinManager.